Thanks for stopping by to learn more about me.
The business of business doesn’t have to have to be cringe-worthy. Here in my realm, you’ll find no stuffy formatted, pre-planned rigidity or formalities. No ‘one-size-fits-all’ work. It’s professionalism with a friendly flair.
Welcome to a judgment-free environment.
I truly believe you get a more authentic presence when you can open up and be yourself throughout the process. You needn’t ever feel uncomfortable about not knowing something. We all start somewhere! Let’s have some fun with this. Chances are, you got into this to do what you love. So let’s dig in, tap into your sisu, and make it happen. I guarantee with the proper guidance, it’s much easier than you think.
Taking things personally.
Because you are the brand, our work together will be a fully collaborative effort. You and I will be in touch throughout the process to ensure it’s exactly what you want from start to finish.
Some stuff I bring to the virtual work desk:
1. Easy to Work With: I take my work seriously but I’m super easy to get along with. I listen intently to your wants, needs, goals and we’ll proceed accordingly. I allow for flexibility throughout the creative process and will keep you on task without making you feel pressured or hurried.
2. Experience: From managing millions of dollars as a financial advisor to serial entrepreneurship, I come armed over two decades of business and marketing experience both online and in the corporate world. As a former online boutique owner myself, I understand the challenges online business owners go through and how to work through them.
3. Knowledge: A voracious reader, my thirst for knowledge is insatiable. I employ all that I know both academically and experientially throughout our work together.
4. Accountability: When we do business together, you deal with me and only me. I promise to get back to you in a timely fashion and with a thoughtful, thorough answer to your inquiries.
5. Skill: My methodologies have been years in the making. I’ve delicately honed them to be as efficient as they are thorough. I’ve got an uncanny ability to hear and develop your brand voice from the information I gather from you. One of my proudest moments was when a client said she cried when reading her new bio because she saw herself through new eyes and felt so proud of the accomplishments she never thought to put words to.
6. Respect: I pride myself on maintaining a judgement-free zone. I’m relatable and empathetic, though unafraid to offer insights and suggestions to enhance your experience.
7. Value: When deciding on a creative collaborationist, you need to know that you’re working with someone competent, learned, and invested in your success. You may find cheaper, but you always get what you pay for. An investment in yourself and your business is priceless and the work we do together is destined to pay for itself many times over.
8. Creativity: As an artist and businessperson, I have a unique left-brain, right-brain perspective, complete with an effective brand of business savvy, grit, and unbounded creativity.
9. Understanding: Behind each and every business is a person. That person is you. I work with you, the individual, to discover and build your perfect business for your perfect people.
10. Perspective: Whenever I work with a business, I slip into a variety of roles to see the big-picture. Examining the brand from multiple viewpoints; that of the brand owner, the consumer, the marketplace, and even the competition.
11. Teamwork: I take your business personally and truly want to see you succeed. We’ll work together to create a custom tailored brand for you. Not just for today, but for the foreseeable future and beyond. Over the years, I have built an extensive network of colleagues whom I can call upon in the event we need them.
12. Caring: I take my work seriously and pride myself in building relationships. From the moment we decide to work together, I am invested in launching you towards prosperity.
13. Street Cred: Not that I encourage following the crowd, but lots of others have worked with me and have had lovely things to say. Contact me if you’d like to see samples of my work.
A little history.
As a copywriter and brand therapist, I spend my days honing and defining companies and individuals who reside within the creative arena. Relationship-oriented, thoughtful visionaries. More specifically, [but not limited to]: coaches, indie business owners, photographers, designers, artists, Etsy transplants, boutique owners, small business start-ups, seasoned vets looking to rebrand, and those looking to take the leap and expand into the online community.
My forte is the ability to conceptualize legions of ideas into a sustainable, workable ‘big-picture’ platform. By giving voice to your inner-most musings and extracting that ever elusive common thread, together we’ll build your most authentic empire.
I come to you with over twenty years of sales and marketing experience, both in the corporate world, an in online environments. My first foray into the business world was out of college for a Fortune 500 brokerage as a financial advisor and office manager. When my daughter was born in 2001, I traded in my briefcase for a diaper bag and took the plunge into stay-at-home-momdom. Not long thereafter I began an online business selling vintage jewelry, fabric, and other unique finds. In 2010, I sold that business and began my copywriting and branding agency here at MelissaBolton.com.
In April of 2012 I launched Revolutionary Branding with my business partner Catherine Haugland of Avalon Rose design. There we offer full service branding programs for solopreneurs and microbusinesses in need of a complete brand presence. In April of 2015, I purchased The Mogul Mom. It’s an awesome place for small business owners looking to expand their knowledge base and connect with likeminded women. I sold that in early 2018 to return full time to my work here.
Drop me a line if ever you’ve got questions.